An internet connection is a key component of your virtual learning and working set-up. Follow these tips to get the most out of your internet connection:
- If multiple people are using the same network, try connecting one of the computers directly to the network with a cable, so the other devices can use the wireless bandwidth.
- If you're in a Zoom meeting and your connection seems weak, try:
- Turning off your video
- Switching to the Zoom app on your mobile device
- Calling in instead
- Reboot your router and modem. It will clean up old data and refresh the settings from your internet service provider.
- Several internet service providers are offering free and low-cost internet service to students without a reliable connection. Students can contact their local internet provider for more information about these programs.
- If you are near another California State University (CSU) campus, eduroam is available. You can log in with your Cal Poly username and password.