Learn how to download the most currently available applications from Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching. For on-campus installations, contact your local tech support. Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is a program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. Azure provides Microsoft professional-level developer and designer tools at no cost to currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty and staff in the colleges that support academic instruction.
- Go to azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools.
- Click the Sign In button. If prompted, enter your Cal Poly email address and password.
On the left menu, click on Software.
- From the search bar, search for the software you would like to download.
- Click on the title. If there's a View key button, click it and copy the product key to use during installation.
- Next, click the Generate URL button. From Download URL, copy the link and paste it in your browser window to begin your software download.
- Once downloaded, install the software on your computer using the product key if provided.
Log in to view a complete list of titles.
Developer & Design Tools
- Visual Studio
- Windows 10
- R Server
- SQL Server
- Students, faculty, and staff may use the software only to teach, develop, support, conduct, or take courses, lab, or programs offered; in non-commercial research; or to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software programs for the above purposes.
- Students, faculty, and staff may make one additional copy of the software on their personal computer or other device solely for the use as a backup copy, provided that their use is pursuant to these terms.
- Azure subscriptions and software may not be shared, transferred, resold, assigned, or used to develop or maintain administrative or IT systems.
- Learn more about the Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching License Agreement.
|Content by Label|